We’re now half way through SID going live in each of the faculty hubs. Health Sciences launched it two weeks ago, and last week Business, Law & Politics went live. This week it’s the turn of Science & Engineering and next week we finish off this piece of work with FACE.
So far we have 49 colleagues using the system to deal with student enquiries, and there will be another 43 users across the remaining two faculties. As soon as it went live the teams were using it to manage student enquiries.
- On the first day in FBLP the team dealt with 47 enquiries through SID after (including one click enquiries)
- After three days, they had dealt with 163 enquiries (including one click enquiries)
What are the Benefits?
- Students can now raise enquiries directly with their faculty hub and can log onto SID to follow the progress / resolution online.
- If they aren’t logging onto SID, they can go into their hub, and get an update on their enquiry, regardless of where it was raised. For example, they could raise one with Ask HU, but then call into their Faculty Hub and get an update.
- Faculty Hubs will now be able to get a precise picture of the amount of enquiries they deal with and when they get them, which will allow them to better plan their resources.
- Staff will save time, as they won’t have to trawl through mailboxes, remember what voicemails were left, chase colleagues for progress, etc. – all enquiry progress and history is available to them in just a couple of clicks. SSD (specifically Ask HU and Registry Services, who have to do this a lot), can now pass enquiries for the faculties directly through to the Faculty Hubs within SID, without having to call, e-mail, etc. So all enquiry history can be tracked and managed in one place.
- Staff will be able to better see trends in student enquiry types and enquiry history. They can see each student’s history in a couple of clicks. This will allow them to be more proactive in managing individual students.
The FBLP faculty hub team has dealt with a range of enquiries from coursework submission issues to graduation queries.
Holly Ilett, SID Subject Matter Expert and FBLP Programmes Manager commented “We have been really pleased with the progress made over the first few days of implementation in the FBLP Student Hub. The support we have received from the SID team has been fantastic, and they have made the implementation process easy for us.
The professional services staff in the Student Hub have embraced the system, and are already making suggestions on how we can build SID into our current processes. We are really looking forward setting up some of the additional features (standard responses and FAQs) to reap the benefits of what the system has to offer.”