The Student Information System (SIS) Programme
This programme is overseeing the implementation of a new student information system across the University which will provide our students and staff with quick and easy access to the information they need to enhance their university experience. We’re making a significant investment to update and transform our existing systems, technology and processes so we can provide a higher quality service, reduce technological risk and increase our adaptability.
It’s an ambitious and exciting change programme, planned until Summer 2018, which will ensure the University of Hull remains a great place to work and study.
Background: Why we’re modernising our processes
A modern, successful and engaged university is reliant on the quality, flexibility and accessibility of the information held within its student information system (SIS) and the on-line services it provides. We need to ensure that the systems and processes we use on a daily basis to support and engage with our students and prospective students provide them with an excellent experience from start to finish.
The SIS supports a wide range of business processes and critical operations across the University, from recruitment, application and enrolment to student status and progression, exams and assessments, grades, student support services, and graduation. It’s also key for course approvals and validation, course information and the on-line prospectus. The information it delivers can be critical to students, staff and our institutional performance.
That’s why we’re currently replacing the existing system (the AIS) with the new system which will provide us with a much improved and a more joined up way of working.
- Our new student information system will enable the University to change more flexibly and rapidly.
- It will support the institution’s ability to create and change courses rapidly to meet changing market demands, and to publish and market these products effectively.
- It will manage data and provide information to affect key performance areas of the University including student retention, student academic performance and student recruitment.
- We’ll have enhanced and more streamlined student services.
- It will make it easier for prospective students to apply to study here.
- It will provide our students with the information they need and we’ll make the information accessible from any location and on any device.
- By providing timely, relevant and accurate information (which will take less effort to achieve) it will improve our business processes to support decision making such as institutional planning and forecasting, and provide more efficient statutory reporting, record keeping and compliance management.
- We’ll have a greener way of working, with more on-line services and information, and fewer paper forms.
Want to find out more?
See our pages (these can only be accessed by University of Hull staff)